Creative Circle Announces Monthly Award Winners for January & February 2018
Johannesburg – Judging for the Creative Circle monthly awards was held at Grey Africa in Bryanston, Johannesburg to judge South Africa’s best creativity in advertising and brand communication for the months of January and February 2018.
The judging panel included 12 representatives of Creative Circle member agencies:
- Fran Luckin (Jury President), Chief Creative Officer, Grey Africa;
- Annie Raman, Creative Director, Fort;
- Bobo Sechoaro, Designer, Etiket;
- Jade Amic, Senior Art Director, VML South Africa;
- James Weymouth, Creative Director, Y&R Johannesburg;
- Mandla Mazibuko, Executive Creative Director, Cheri Yase Kasi;
- Pete Khoury, Chief Creative Officer, TBWA\Hunt Lascaris;
- Peter Little, Creative Director, Ogilvy Johannesburg;
- Rohan Reddy, Creative Director, FCB Africa;
- Rory Jacobs, Creative Director, The Niche Guys;
- Thembelihle Mlambo, Co-Founder/Creative Director, Academic Republic;
- Thibedi Meso, Group Head: Copywriter, Black River FC.
Categories judged included Communication Design; Integrated Campaign; Digital & Interactive Communication; Film; Live Communication; Radio & Audio; Print Communications; Out of Home and PR & Media Communication. Not all categories placed winners.
Describing these awards as the “shop window” of the South African creative economy, Fran Luckin, Jury President, acknowledged the importance of celebrating creativity and originality, saying: “Most of us don’t usually get to spend the whole day talking about ideas. The regular review of our work by the Creative Circle, consistently pushes for excellence within the local industry.”
The Creative Circle is also considered the training ground for young up-and-coming creatives to learn what excellent work looks like and how to judge it.
The Creative Circle represents advertising agencies, and only Creative Circle members are eligible to enter the awards. All monthly winners are shortlisted for the Annual Awards that will take place in March 2019.
All the winners are listed in the table below. All winning work can be viewed on the website (add link).
Entries for work flighted in March and April 2018 will be open between 7th and 14th May, with judging on 31st May.
For a full list of 2018 January and February Monthly Awards winners, click here.
View all winning work here.