- All entries must be submitted, including completed online entry forms and entry material, and paid for by the published deadline for every month.
What can be entered into Creative Circle?
- Any work produced by a Creative Circle member can be entered.
- Work must be created for the South African market and flighted in South Africa.
Who can enter the Creative Circle?
Only members of the Creative Circle are eligible to enter work.
All Entries must meet one of the following timelines:
- Entries must be commercially published, launched or aired between the first and the last day of the month.
EXAMPLE: Any work that is flighted between the 1st and the 31st of January can be entered into February.
- In the case of campaigns that straddle multiple months, e.g. if two pieces of a campaign were published in March, and three pieces in April, then the full campaign (all five pieces) is eligible for entry in April.
- Absolutely no work that has not yet been published, launched or aired will be accepted - and the onus is on the agency to ensure that all work entered meets these rules.
- Entries that have been commercially published, launched or aired from January to December 2019 will be allowed into Design and PR & Media Communication categories only during the following entry dates: 2 – 9 March 2020 and 4 – 11 May 2020. Please note: entries submitted during the 2-9 March entry period CANNOT be re-entered into the 4 – 11 May entry period. Thereafter, entries must have been commercially published, launched or aired during the 2020 Eligibility period.
- A piece of work can only be entered in one category. Individual media elements from a campaign may be entered in their relevant categories.
- All entries are single elements except for campaign entries.
EXAMPLE: three posters from a campaign must each be entered individually, not several as one entry. If in the opinion of the jury, several pieces constitute a campaign, then these entries will be combined into one campaign award.
- Campaign Entry: Multiple entries for the same campaign can be combined to make up one campaign entry.
EXAMPLE: An Outdoor entry, a Digital entry and a Print entry can be combined into an Integrated Campaign entry.
- Websites, YouTube content and similar must be entered as either video walk-throughs or static JPEGS. No landing pages will be accepted.
Judging and Awards
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd prize may be awarded in the categories.
- Agency in-house/self-promotional work will be awarded no higher than a 2nd Prize.
EXAMPLE: A design agency designing its own logo is considered self-promotion.
- No work created for the Creative Circle can be entered.
- The Creative Circle may contact the agency, brand, or anyone associated with the entry, during entry processing or during judging, should any questions arise related to the entry.
- The Creative Circle will endeavour to move entries to more appropriate categories during entry processing and prior to judging. However it remains the responsibility of the entrant to submit their entry into the correct category and Creative Circle will not be held responsible for entries submitted incorrectly. Entrants will be informed of any proposed changes to their entries. During judging the Jury are not allowed to move entries between categories.
- All entries are subject to the full Terms & Conditions of the Creative Circle. Click here to view.
- Please ensure that all your credits on the entry form are 100% correct.
- These credits will be used on the archive exactly as you have entered them. Once published, no more changes to the credits will be accepted.
Entry Cancellations and Refunds
- All requests to withdraw an entry must be made in writing.
- Requests made prior to the Entry Deadline may be replaced with another entry.
- Entries cancelled after the Entry Deadline may not be replaced.
- No Refunds on Entries: Under no circumstances will refunds of any fees or costs relating to Entries or entry into the Awards be issued to Entrants. The fees paid for Entries are intended to cover the costs of administration, processing and judging the Entries and Awards.
- Any Entries disqualified by the Creative Circle will not be refunded. This includes duplicate entries and Entries that do not follow the specified rules.
Approval and Permissions
- All Entries must be approved by the relevant client for whom they were produced and all necessary permissions must be obtained.
- In particular, the client for whom the work was created must consent to entry of the relevant work into the Awards and for it to be used in accordance with the full terms and conditions of entry.
- An Entry may not be entered if the work is subject to any agreements with third parties and/or other licenses and the necessary consents have not been obtained.
Treatment and Publication of entries
- Property of Entries: All documents, storage media and other material that accompany or forms part of an Entry or are submitted with it will become the sole property of Creative Circle (the Company). Creative Circle will not return any items entered and will not be responsible for any loss or destruction of or damage thereto of whatever nature. Creative Circle shall be entitled to dispose off, destroy, store or exhibit all documents, storage media and other material forming part of or accompanying an Entry.
- Licence: By submitting an Entry into the Awards, the Entrant grants the Company an irrevocable, perpetual, royalty free, non-exclusive , sub-licensable, unconditional and transferable licence throughout the world to publish , reproduce, copy, transmit, broadcast, publicly perform, display, exhibit and/or otherwise use or reuse the Entry and the Entrant’s name, image, likeness, background and biographical material in any and all media, including, without limitation, any publication, advertisement, marketing or promotional material, print, digital or electronic media, the internet, any broadcast channel on the internet, audio and audio visual media and television or radio station in any manner for purposes of promoting Company and the Awards, by any means by the Company. The Entrant also grants permission to the Company to show, copy or play the Entry at such times as the Company deems appropriate. The Company shall be entitled to make available for educational and reference purposes, including electronic publishing, any Entries. If any television or radio station agrees to telecast a news or other program related to Awards or the Company, the Entrant agrees to obtain any permissions and to bear and pay for all talent or any other applicable charges incurred by inclusion of the Entry in the program, if required. The Entrant waives and shall procure the waiver of all moral rights vesting in or relating to the Entry. The Entrant waives and indemnifies the Company from any and all claims that may arise based on moral rights or unfair competition relating to the Company’s use of the Entry.
- Warranties: By submitting an Entry the Entrant warrants that it is entitled to grant the licence referred to above and that it has obtained all necessary permissions, usage rights and waivers of moral rights from all third parties who contributed to or commissioned the Entry or were otherwise involved in the entry or the production thereof, including without limitation the advertiser whose goods or services the Entry promotes, producers, directors, photographers, illustrators and performers, together with the owners of any trade or service marks or any other intellectual property, whether registered or not, which are included in or form part of the Entry. The Entrant also warrants that the credits and information in the Entry are true and correct and that publication and use of those credits and information will not infringe any moral or other rights of the Entrant or any third party.
- Indemnity and Liability: The Entrant hereby indemnifies and holds harmless the Company, its sponsors and all entities and persons associated with the Awards against any liability, claims, damages, costs (including legal fees and court costs expenses or penalties arising from or relating to any breach or alleged breach of the abovementioned representations and warranties by the Entrant or use of the Entry by the Company. The Entrant agrees that Company shall not be liable for any loss, damage, injury, cost or expense arising from acts or omissions of Entrant, including but not limited to the payment of any money owed to interested third parties, and the Entrant hereby indemnifies the Company against all such losses, damage, injuries, costs and expenses.
The Company, the sponsors of the Awards and all entities and persons related to the Awards and their employees, officers, contractors, consultants and associates shall not be liable for and the Entrant hereby indemnifies and holds them harmless against any claim, liability, injury, cost (including legal fees), expense or penalty suffered or incurred by any person as a result of entering and participating in the Awards or accepting or using any prize.
The Company and all persons and entities associated with the Awards shall not be responsible to the Entrant for incorrect or inaccurate entry of information, human error, technical malfunction or if any Entry is submitted or received late, damaged, stolen, lost, incorrect, directed, undelivered, delayed or incomplete or does not reach the Company.
Full Terms and Conditions of entry
- Please note that the full Terms and Conditions of entry must be accepted by each entrant, during the online entry process. It is not possible to submit an entry without accepting the Terms and Conditions of entry.
- The above listed rules do not include the full Terms and Conditions of entry, which can be viewed HERE.
Updated 01 March 2019